Whether travelling abroad for leisure, or from your home to work, a rented car can be a better option than to wait for public transport or having to pay for a cab. Booking a car is easy, but the procedure can get complicated, so there are few facts that need consideration before selecting the right Rented Car Service Provider.
- Before getting in touch with a Car Rental Service discuss and decide on:
- The size of the car you need. If you are travelling with your family, you will need a SUV. A small car would do if you’re travelling alone or with friend/s. The right seating capacity is an important issue for the passengers.
- Decide on the type of car you need. Along with the seating capacity, the terrain you’ll be covering is a deciding factor of the choice of car. Travelling to mountains or just within the city requires completely different kind of cars.
- The comfort and convenience you are looking for. The luggage capacity (whether required), the wiggle space helps in choosing the type of the car that you might want.
- Your pocket – how much you are willing to pay is your choice depending on your preference. Keep a budget, because you would also need to pay for the fuel along with the rental fees.
- Find out the names and numbers, online or by references, of the Car Rental Service Providers in your area or the place you are planning to travel. Find out their rates, compare, and look for promotional discounts and vouchers.
The questions to be asked at the Car Rental Service
#1 the availability of the car of your choice. Discuss with the providers and find out cheaper and convenient options, suited for your travel
#2 whether you need to buy insurance. Often your own car insurance policy covers the insurance of rented cars. Do not buy insurance from your service provider, unless required as it raises the rate considerably.
#3 Ask about the discounts that they might be offering. If you have not joined any loyalty programmers’ like the frequent fliers, or other programs that you credit Card Company is promoting consider joining the car rental service might be having
#4 Ensure about the working condition of the car. The car should be in excellent condition for driving, engines and valves checked, thoroughly cleaned, to avoid breakdown and other mishaps while traveling, saving time and money.
You cannot totally rule out car rental disasters, at least take care to lessen the impact by being alert.