Brampton, the Flower Town of Canada, is one a potential tourist destination that attracts thousands of visitors every year. There are many significant places that cater to the interests of all visitors. Here are some popular places of interest in Brampton that you would not like to miss:
- Powerade Centre: It is a multi- purpose arena with 5000 seating capacity. It was built in 1998 and officially opened on October 7th of the same year. The Powerade Centre is the home to the Brampton Battalion, Brampton Inferno, Brampton Excelsiors, and Peel Avengers. The venue has been chosen to host the wrestling events of the 2015 Toronto Pan American games. The main arena has luxurious purple colour seats and has provisions for private suites located around the top of the seating area.
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives: It is an art gallery, museum, and archives for the Peel Region. The museum houses a wide variety of objects, including 19th and 20th century artifacts from gadgets and everyday tools to archaeological artifacts, wedding dresses, contemporary and historic works of art, including drawings, paintings and sculptures and also archival documents like government records, photographs and maps.
- Wild Water Kingdom: The Wild Water Kingdom, owned by a private company, was opened in 1986 and is a water- based fun park. It hosts a variety of attractions like the wave pool, lazy rivers, water slides and many varieties of kid’s pools. Non- swimming activities are also available, like climbing wall and batting cages. The popular rides are the Midnight Express, Nightrider, White Lightning, The Abyss, Devil’s Drop, Cyclone, and the Cliff. There are large acres of picnic areas as well. The park also has a number of cafeterias and bars.
Bramalea City Centre: It is an indoor shopping mall with over a million square feet of retail space. With more than 280 shopping outlets, it is one of the Canada’s largest shopping malls. Attracting more than 12 million visitors annually, the mall is regarded as a super regional mall. Since it’s opening in the 1970s, it has been a significant retail hub for the city, producing hundreds of millions of dollars to the local economy.
- Shoppers World Brampton: It is a 40 years old shopping mall. It has over 190 stores, some popular among them being the Canadian Tire, Zellers, Winners and Staples. The parking lot has a fully functional bus terminal.
- Trinity Common Mall: It is a large outdoor shopping centre in Brampton. With a retail space of over 850,000 square feet and over 60 outlets, the shopping mall serves the people of both northern Brampton and the nearby Caledon.
It is important to rent a car in Brampton to enjoy an uninterrupted and memorable journey. Though the transit system of Brampton is praiseworthy, having your own car to take anywhere and anytime you desire is a different luxury altogether. So rent a car and enjoy your stay. There are many rental companies that offer services in cheap rates as well.